Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ballad of my Ballads - part 2

"Music is the sole domain in which man realizes the present. By the imperfection of his nature, man is doomed to submit to the passage of time - to its categories of past and future - without ever being able to give substance, and therefore stability to the category of the present. The phenomenon of music is given to us with the sole purspose of establishing an order in things, including, in particular, the coordination between man and time." Igor Stravinsky

"I almost reached the point of putting an end to my life - only art it was that held me back, as it seemed impossible to leave the world until I had brought forth all that I felt called up to produce..."
Beethoven - Heiligenstadt Testament, written as his deafness deepens.

No comments:

Post a Comment