Friday, August 3, 2012

where we stand

During winter vacation, which ended this week, I was suddenly inspired to make a hand drawn map of South America for the library. I banged it out during that weekend, and I am very happy with it. I get really tired of seeing maps of just Paraguay, as though it weren't surrounded and profoundly affected by Brazil, Argentina, and Bolivia, not to mention the Pacific Ocean and the Andes. This map is an attempt to highlight the unity of the continent, by showing how "biomes" (habitats/environments/geographical regions...) stretch across borders.
This map has touched off a whole historical kick for me, which I will be subjecting you all to the fruits of in subsequent posts.


1 comment:

  1. to my knowledge there are two spelling errors, and two place names that are in English instead of Spanish

    ReplyDelete