Tuesday, October 16, 2012

water and light


Well, another thunderstorm followed by no power and then no water. The water here is so effed up, and I really don't understand why. The municipal water is all well-drawn, and the town is on top of a hill. Oops. I guess I should just be grateful it's potable.

I am impressed though with how fast the electricity comes back on. We had gusts last night that were I'm pretty sure as strong as anything I've ever witnessed. On Vashon that could mean days without power. I do lose power more frequently than back home, but almost never for more than an hour or two. People say ANDE is a bloated bureaucracy, but as far as bloated Paraguayan bureaucracies go, it might be my favorite.

they really wanted to use the computers, so they sat there and waited until the power came back on

No comments:

Post a Comment